Background. Relevance of the declared topic is caused by a need to analyze and interpret a “negative” code of the Russian option of privatization. A lack of an integrated approach to studying initial representations, mechanisms and real practical implementations of the reform including at the regional level, nowadays sets a latent, but at the same time, essential tension in the system of socio-political interaction. The purpose of this work is to stud the content of representations and installations of consciousness, behavioral strategies of both the regional authorities and the population in general, concerning transformations of property relations during the considered period.
Materials and methods. Realization of the research tasks was based on the docu¬ments from funds of the State archive of the Penza region and materials of periodicals of both the central and local origin. The methodology included the basic principles of scientific knowledge – historicism and objectivity. In addition, a number of both general scientific and special and historical methods of research was applied: historical and system, statistical, problem and chronological.
Results. On the basis of the archival materials, used for the first time, the author researched stages of introduction of privatization accounts (checks) in the Penza region, revealed main problem spots of this process from the point of view of their influence on the political situation. The researcher analyzed forms and methods of the Penza region’s administration’s policy concerning the information and ideological coverage of check privatization, as well as the efficiency thereof.
Conclusions. Voucher privatization in the Penza region was realized meeting all of the necessary and government-established terms. At the same time, the initially declared purposes of this process in the form of an economic component were replaced by political priorities. The Penza region encountered all negative consequences of such populist decision: from “the empty budget” due to a lack of a mechanism of payments by the state of a share from sales and incorporating public industries into the regional treasury, to realization of a position of the center when the property had to be sold at the residual cost or rented with the right of repayment. Information closeness, uncontrolled registration and broad advertizing of “financial pyramids” and the Voucher Investment Fund (VIF), made check privatization unsuccessful among 90 % of the regional population.
Penza region, population, economy, privatization, market, property, voucher, auctions.
1. Vedomosti SND i VS RSFSR [Bulletin of the Congress of people’s deputies and the Supreme Assembly of RSFSR]. 1991, 4 July, no. 27, art. 925.
2. Mau V. A. Voprosy ekonomiki [Economic problems]. 1999, no. 11–12.
3. Sobranie aktov Prezidenta i Pravitel'stva RF [Collection of acts of the President and the Government of the Russian Federation]. 1992, 24 August, no. 8, art. 501.
4. Vedomosti SND i VS RF [Bulletin of the Congress of people’s deputies and the Supreme Assembly of the Russian Federation]. 1992, 16 July, no. 28, art. 1617.
5. Radygin A. D. Reforma sobstvennosti v Rossii: na puti iz proshlogo v budushchee [Property reform in Russia: on the way from the past to the future]. Moscow: Respublika, 1994, 159 p.
6. Chubays A. Privatizatsiya po-rossiyski [The Russian way of privatization]. Moscow: Vagrius, 1999, 366 p.
7. Delovoy mir [Business world]. 1992, no. 166.
8. Lapina N. Yu. Privatizatsiya v Rossii i drugikh stranakh SNG: sb. obzorov [Privatisation in Russian and other CIS countries: collected reviews]. Moscow, 2003, pp. 13–55.
9. Nasha Penza [Our Penza]. 1992, no. 37.
10. Nasha Penza [Our Penza]. 1992, no. 37.
11. GAPO. F. R. 2882. Op. 1. D. 10. L. 16.
12. Sobranie aktov Prezidenta i Pravitel'stva RF [Collection of acts of the President and the Government of the Russian Federation]. 1992, 24 August, no. 8, art. 501.
13. Vzorov S. Nasha Penza [Our Penza]. 1993, no. 33.
14. GAPO. F. R. 2906. Op. 1. D. 165.
15. GAPO. F. R. 2990. Op. 1. D. 10.
16. Sobranie aktov Prezidenta i Pravitel'stva RF [Collection of acts of the President and the Government of the Russian Federation]. 1993, 17 May, no. 20, art. 1755.
17. Nevzglyadov S. Nasha Penza [Our Penza]. 1993, no. 42.
18. Sobranie aktov Prezidenta i Pravitel'stva Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Collection of acts of the President and the Government of the Russian Federation]. 1993, 11 October, no. 41, art. 3914.
19. SZ RF. 1994, 4 July, no. 10, art. 1115.
20. Nasha Penza [Our Penza]. 1993, no. 53.
21. GAPO. F. R. 2990. Op. 1. D. 12.
22. Aleksandrov A. Nasha Penza [Our Penza]. 1994, no. 7.
23. Ivanov A. Nasha Penza [Our Penza]. 1994, no. 46.
24. Trunov A. Nasha Penza [Our Penza]. 1994, no. 36.
25. Kommersant [Businessman]. 1994, 15 March, no. 9.